Scaffold Design Engineer Job Opportunity|Alpha Scaffold Design
Join our small team as a Scaffold Design Engineer (Scaffold Designer), where your expertise will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of our projects. As a key member of our engineering team, you will be responsible for a diverse range of tasks, from on-site visits and surveys to engaging with clients and conducting structural analyses using cutting-edge tools. If you have a passion for precision in design, excellent communication skills, and a collaborative outlook, we invite you to be a part of our innovative and inclusive work environment.Read more about this Scaffold Design Engineer Job Opportunity!
Responsibilities as a Scaffold Design Engineer:
As a Scaffold Design Engineer, your role will encompass a variety of tasks aimed at ensuring the successful execution of projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting on-site visits and surveys;
- Identifying and understanding clients’ specific needs;
- Utilizing AutoCAD for scaffold design implementation;
- Generating supporting calculations and conducting structural analysis;
- Reading and referencing comprehensive structural drawings;
- Engaging with clients through face-to-face interactions and written/phone communication;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Consideration also given to those with an HNC in Engineering and practical Scaffold Design experience);
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD for creating high-quality scaffold design drawings;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with expertise in spreadsheet production and formulae for supporting calculations;
- Experience with structural analysis software in accordance with industry standards (SCIA Eng. Graitec or similar);
- In-depth knowledge of TG20:21 and BS 5975 along with other UK scaffolding standards;
- The ability to prioritize tasks under pressure and meet the deadlines is paramount;
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with a collaborative, friendly and “can do” attitude.
Bonus Skills but not essential:
- Proximity to London: The candidate to be based, preferably in proximity to London, to facilitate occasional attendance at site meetings in and around the London area.
- Formwork Design Experience: Experience in Formwork design, particularly with systems such as Gass, Titan, Rmd or similar would be considered an advantage.
- Ground work (foundation) design experience: scaffold matt design or similar.
Scaffold Designer’s Benefits:
In return for your contributions, we offer:
- Commission based remuneration preferably or Hybrid employment (can be discussed and negotiated during the interviews);
- Fully remote home-based with flexible working hours (from your sofa or bed);
- Potential earnings £70000 + /yr with annual pay reviews;
- Company laptop and mobile/smartphone if required;
- In-house technical training and support if needed;
- Long term commitment: the right candidate would be highly regarded; we are seeking individuals committed to a long-term collaboration. We value employees who are dedicated to contributing to the growth and success of our projects and organization that in time would be greatly rewarded.
If you are enthusiastic about this opportunity, please submit your CV along with a covering letter to: email@example.com. Include examples of your work and stress what you believe you can bring to the role, along with your remuneration expectations. We eagerly anticipate your application.
We are committed to equal opportunities and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partner status, pregnancy/maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, religion/belief, disability, or age. Decisions are solely based on merit.
Personal data collected during the recruitment process is handled in accordance with our data protection policy. More information on data usage and processing can be found in our job applicant privacy notice on our website.