Most of the buildings these days are high rise. No matter what the structure of scaffolding is whether for a single story building or a high rise a professional and reliable scaffold designer plays a vital role in the overall safety of the specific design.Read More
Scaffolding is very important in the construction and interior designing industry. But, despite all of this importance, obviously, the safety concern is still open to debate. A lot of Scaffolding designer in London depend on scaffolds for various types of requirements. The workers use the scaffolds to continue the certain essential tasks of structure and construction services.Read More
There are many tasks that a scaffolding provider has to accomplish with competence. Above everything else, there are lives that depend on this special arrangement, so even a minor mistake can be dangerous. Therefore, if scaffolding engineering expertise is involved, it becomes relatively easy to create solid scaffolding designs to protect workers that are working with heights involved. For this purpose, you need to search for a renowned provider of an expert in Scaffolding engineer London network, because he will be able to handle this task with reliability. Let us tell you in more detail why this task needs to be handled with care and caution.Read More
Scaffold design of Gantries, Hoists and Site Huts
All gantries, hoists and site huts placed on or over the public highway require a temporary structure licence.
It is not council policy to grant a licence for the erection of gantries for storing materials or as working platforms for hoists and associated equipment if there is any practical alternative on site.
General requirements for design of gantries
Scaffold drawings of Gantries must comply with the following requirements:
- gantry platforms must be double-boarded with polythene sheeting between each layer and set at a minimum headroom clearance of 2.44m from the surface of the footway
- when required, the outer standards or columns of the gantry must be encased in plywood up to 1.22m high and boxed in at the top
- once the gantry has been erected, any bracing etc used at ground level or less than 2.44m above the footway must be removed to allow safe passage by pedestrians
- the outer standards of the gantry erected on the pavement must not be closer than 0.45m to the kerb edge unless other arrangements have been agreed with the council
- any gantry that projects beyond the kerb edge must have at least 4.88m clearance above the surface of the carriageway
- where agreement has been obtained to erect the outer standards of the gantry nearer than 0.45m to the kerb edge, baulk timbers 300mm x 300mm must be placed on the carriageway for the full length of the scaffolding and must be painted red and white and fitted with red bulkhead lights at 3m intervals
- gantries must be lit from half an hour after sunset to half an hour before sunrise
- on the inside of the structure white bulkhead lights must be set at each end of the structure 2.44m high and at 3m intervals. Similarly, on the outside of the structure, red bulkhead lights must be set at each end of the structure 2.44m high and at 3m intervals
Mechanical or platform hoists must not descend onto or operate from the public highway. Permission will only be granted for hoists to be operated from a gantry platform at first floor level or above.
Gin wheels and other forms of rope or cable-operated hoists must be used only on the outside of scaffolding, and then only when the scaffolding reaches the kerb edge. In these circumstances building materials must be hoisted from the carriageway and are never permitted over the footway. Any other kind of hoisting must be carried out on private land.
The hoisting of hot tar buckets is not permitted on the road except from a gantry platform and is never permitted from the footway.
The council does not allow site huts or office accommodation to be put on gantries on or over any part of the public highway. Offices must be contained within the boundaries of your site.
If there is not enough space on site for accommodation, you should use alternatives such as rented office space.
The one exception is where a building has been totally demolished and open basement construction is to be carried out. In this circumstance temporary accommodation on a gantry may be allowed for welfare and messing facilities only and for a set period of time.
It is a temporary structure which integrates with the crew resources to aid in the construction, building materials, repairing of structure and other edifices, as well as all other man-made assemblies. Scaffolding design is also known as enactment or framework. The very common and main use of the scaffolding design is on the top dwellings, where access is difficult or needs more through work.Read More